December 8, 2011

Bartel Family Portrait Session- Destination, Truckee CA.

I love taking pictures of this family! When Kathy heard about my plans to stay up in Truckee to photograph families, couples, and brides who wanted their pictures in the Truckee area, she was all over the idea. Kathy, her husband, their two kids and their golden retriever made the drive from Chico to Truckee for a family portrait session. I was super excited for my Chico recruits! Because we were in my old neighborhood the location was totally up to me, and I knew the perfect location for this family portrait session.

Kathy and her family stayed the night in Truckee and met up with me first thing Saturday morning. Even for a mountain girl like me, I must admit it was cold! We grabbed our ear warmers and gloves and headed to where I thought would be a perfect location for family photos - one of my favorite places - Klondike Meadow. We spent some time shooting in the meadow, and around the bare aspen trees, plus we found a perfect patch of snow to really show that the family had made it to the mountains for their family portrait session. After running around and taking as many pictures as we could, we loaded back up into our cars. I had one more location in mind - the rickety old bridge that crosses the Truckee River, at the Boca Reservoir exit off of I-80.

Thank you to my Chico recruits, The Bartel Family, for making the trip to one of the most gorgeous places in Northern California - Truckee. I love so many of your portraits, but here are a few of my favorites.

mom&daughter

TallGrass


SittingOnLog

MomDadDog

MomDad

Snow

Bridge-doggie

Bridge-Look

KidsCatchingTrain

No comments:

Post a Comment