August 22, 2014

Marlow & Michael's Lake Almanor Wedding - Northern CA Weddigng Photography

Every so often I meet a couple who I can instantly relate to. Marlow and Michael are one of the most down to earth couples I have ever met. Marlow has one of those calming personalities, I could tell she was going to be such an easy bride to work with. My first sign that Michael was awesome was when I learned he was a geologist. Those that know me know I have a sizable rock collection. Plus, the couple's wedding was going to be at Lake Almanor. Their love for the outdoors and mountains had them planning their wedding up in the Lassen National Forest. The natural lake setting was the perfect venue for this couple to say I do.

The yellow sunflowers in all the girl's bouquets and on the tables and aisle runners against the ladies persimmon-colored dresses was so beautiful. The arrangements were all so stunning and I was shocked to learn they were farmers market flowers and the bouquets were made by a bridesmaid. The bright colors all stood out against the green lawn, the blue sky and lake. Marlow and Michael would be saying their wedding vows under a beautiful hand made alter made by a groomsmen out of drift wood, which was also perfect for me to hang the brides dress for photos. You could really feel the love these two had from their bridal party and all their family as everyone was working hard to make things happen. Out of all the details, a favorite of mine was the fun "guest book" - leave a word of advice for the bride and groom on a rock!

Not only was everything so beautiful but I was told to bring fun to the party... so I did! The entire wedding party was game for all my crazy ideas and brought some of their own to the table. I truly had a blast with this crew. To top everything off, the couple was lucky enough to have a classic '36 Chevrolet join the party. This truly makes for a fun prop for photos. Everything I love about my job was reaffirmed during this magical day.

Also, I would love to take a moment to mention The Wedding DJ Company, I always enjoy seeing a familiar face. These guys are always so professional and helpful. When I needed help gathering up some people for a photo, Chris had no problem making an announcement for me and even followed up with another when he noticed people weren't responding. It is so important to work together and I have had the chance to work with these guys several times and every time it is a relief to know I have their support. Not to mention the dance floor was busy up until the moment we were ready to leave.

Congratulations again to the newlyweds! Your wedding was fun, beautiful, and filled with so much love. Thank you for having me and my team their to capture all the amazing moments.

Mike&MarlowWedSign

DressAlterFlowersSandlesFlare

Sandles

RingsRock

GroomFormal

GroomInCarVintage

GroomsmenWithCar

GuysPoffDeck

GuysChillingRockWall

LadiesChampagneToastGifts

MomDaughterDress

BrideEaring

BrideFlowersDown

BrideCloseUpSmile

LadiesFlowersBehindBacksBrideLooking

LadiesCharliesAngles

BrideShowGarterWithCar

CeremonyAisleRunner

FlowerGirlWithLittleMan

CeremonyHereComesBrideAudience

CeremonyHereComesBride

CeremonyHandInHand

CeremonyHisRingWide

CeremonyHisRing

CeremonyHerRingBeautifulSmile

CeremonyExcited1stKiss

Ceremony1stKiss

CeremonyHugOfficiant

RomanticForeheadForehead

HoldingBridalPartyKissMiddle

BridalPartyLadiesShocked

GroomsmenPeeBrideGroomPoint

RockQuotes

MatronHonorSpeech

1stDanceKissing

FatherDaughterDance

MotherSonDance

CakeSunflowers

CakeCutting

RomanticBrideLeanOnCarHandsHeld

RomanticLeaninCarSepia

RomanticTallFlowersWide

RomanticTallFlowers

RomanticDriftWoodForheadKiss

RomanticSitDriftWoodunset

SunsetWalking

RomanticLakeRingOnBack

No comments:

Post a Comment