December 28, 2012

Brooke & Curry's Chico, CA. Maternity Session - Expecting baby boy, Benjamin

When Brooke contacted me inquiring about doing a maternity portrait session, I was a little surprised: almost all of the maternity shoots I do are with previous wedding clients or personal friends. But when she mentioned she and her husband, Curry, were referred by Julie & Jesse, I quickly scheduled them for a session. Julie and Jesse were one of my last maternity shoots and we had such a fun time I knew it would be a blast.

I had a feeling the expecting couple was going to be a lot of fun and I was right! They were up for whatever ideas I had and brought a bag full of ideas of their own. We started early in the morning at one of my favorite locations in Chico. I knew if we were going to find fall color it would be in the beautiful Mendocino National Forest Genetic Resource and Conservation Center. This location always provides a stunning Bamboo grove, many bridges to chose from, overgrown pathways with cascading foliage and other natural landscape settings. We found a perfect bush with red berries all over it which was perfect for a holiday mistletoe belly kiss.

After leaving the botanical garden, we raced the rain clouds to the Chico State campus to get some more fun images of the expecting parents. With the beautiful architecture and creativity of great minds, we collaborated and came up with some really fun images together. Congratulations Brooke and Curry on your Baby Boy, Benjamin. Here are some of my favorite images from your maternity portrait session.

BenjaminHandsHold

BambooSmiles

BellyHeart

UpBamboo

HappyMom

KneeDownBamboo

Shoes&Rings

BenchSmiles

MommtToBe1

MommyToBe2

B&C-MaternityX-Mas-2

B&C-MaternityX-Mas-1

BridgeCute

WeddingPose

PathwaySmiles

ChicoStateArchitecture

UltrasoundPicChicoState

KissingHeartChalk

MustacheHeart

MustacheBaby

No comments:

Post a Comment