February 3, 2011

Chico, Ca. Wedding Photographer- The Goodlaffs Engagement Session

Christopher (Chris) Ratzlaff and Elizabeth (Beth) Goodrich, together make Chris and Beth Goodlaff. Everyone needs a Goodlaff and this photo shoot was filled with plenty of good laughs. Chris is a long time friend of mine from my hometown and I couldn't have been more excited when I saw the news on FaceBook - he had found the one who stole his heart and was ready to share the rest of his life. I had to click the "like" button. I had yet to meet her, but I knew I was going to like her.

As life will take you in many different directions, Chris and I have talked only a handful of times in the past few years. A few months after announcing their wedding, Chris sent me an email asking if I would be interested in shooting their big day: of course I would! After meeting Beth, I knew he had made a great decision: not only is she a sweetheart, she keeps him in line! Best of all, it is obvious that their love for one another is real. I told them to give me funny faces they both stuck their tongues out at me, as if they read each others minds. Not to mention that they both look great in glasses! Chris and Beth have chosen to spend the rest of their lives together and they couldn't be more excited about it.

Because they are getting married in Grass Valley, we decided to do the engagement photos in their stomping grounds. We started shooting at the North Star Mining Museum in Grass Valley, then made our way to the wedding venue, Miners Foundry Cultural Center in Nevada City. This building is absolutely gorgeous - it has the church feeling without actually being one. From there we looked around downtown for a little then decided we better hurry on our next location. Chris and Beth treated us to lunch and we ate at their place so they could change into their evening outfits. These more formal photos, taken at the covered bridge in Bridgeport, remind me of a Valentine's date.

Thanks Chris and Beth for such a wonderful day, I can not wait for the wedding day!

oldtime-foundry

canon

bridge

bridge-flare

readingtime

austen-colbert

nevadacity-wall

valentine-date2

valentine-date

bridgeport-heart

behindtrees

Look for The Goodlaff's wedding photos in May!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun day to get your life together started out right :))

    ReplyDelete