November 19, 2011

Truckee CA. Portrait & Engagement Photography- Nikki & Jason's Family Photo "Shoot Out"

Nikki is a long time friend of mine and sister of one of my recent brides, Dana. She contacted me for a portrait session just after her sister's wedding. She wanted to take family photos with her fiance, Jason, and their two Boston Terriers, Dexter and Zoey. Of course I was more than excited to get the opportunity to photograph the couple and their dogs, so I made plans to drive up to Truckee for the photo session.

Nikki said she had a great location to shoot near Russell Valley. As we drove down a dirt road to the location, I got really excited when I saw what would be a photographer's dream location. An old base camp for sheep herders, the camp is still used but, lucky for us, the camp is closed down at this time of year. We started taking pictures along the old buildings, some with the dogs and some with out. This quickly turned into an engagement style photo shoot. However for this couple a big wedding was not important to them. Shortly after this engagement/portrait session I saw the news, 11-11-11 would be Nikki and Jason's wedding date. SO CONGRATULATIONS TO THE NEWLYWEDS, NIKKI AND JASON!

Just as we were nearing the end of the portrait session, Nikki reminded me of some props she brought along for the session. An antique rifle, a pistol, plus the attire they go with - yes, chaps! I had so much fun with the couple and at the new location. Thank you Nikki and Jason for the awesome portrait session, congratulations again on your marriage. Here are some of my favorite portraits of the two of you and your little family.

CLoseup-building

hugging-horeshoe

lensflare-building

Jinwindow-Noutside

both-windowframe

bostons-NJ

bostons-NJ-meadow

bostons-NJJ-Kissing

againstbuilding-withguns

Nfront-Jback-Guns

Jfront-Nback-Guns

guns-looking-eachother

guns-JarmsaroundN

shooting-lensflare

No comments:

Post a Comment