March 23, 2010

Chico, Ca Engagement Photography: Redding, Ca.- Sundial Bridge Surprise

A few months ago, my friend Jaime came to me with a unique and exciting idea. He was planning to propose to his girlfriend, Kayla, at the Sundial Bridge in Redding, CA. Being that this is the location of one of their first dates, almost five years ago, it holds very special meaning to them.

This is how it went down:
Jaime told Kayla that they were going to get portraits taken at the Sundial Bridge. My assistant and I met them at the Turtle Bay parking lot at 10A.M. After a few hours of shooting on the bridge and in the botanical gardens, my assistant went back to the car to get "an important piece of camera equipment." In actuality, he was going to the parking lot to meet with both Jaime and Kayla's families. While I was photographing the couple under the sundial side of the bridge, the families gathered together above them, just out-of-site. When the time was right, my assistant signaled the family to move to the side of the bridge, at which time Jaime got down on his knee to propose. Through the shock of seeing her and Jaime's families standing on the bridge above them, and realizing that the whole day had been a set up, Kayla said, "Yes!" Well, that's not the only reason why she said yes. Even a passerby overhead said, "you can see the Bling from up here"

Congratulations Jaime and Kayla!

TheProposal

The photos I took before the proposal will be up soon:)

1 comment:

  1. Sooooo sweet and romantic! I give Jaime a big'ol 10 on romance and effort! What a great guy. And Niki, the picture is beautiful. I especially love the way the trees look in the background and how her hair is blowing in the wind, it's like she is the movement in the picture. Great job, love to see more....Angie

    ReplyDelete